Have been given kenalog injections. How to get rid of them?

I have been given kenalog injections every three months for several years. I am trying to get them out of my system. Is there any way to do that?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

You mention that you have allergies and asthma. Are you on any inhaled therapy? (puffs)
What kind of allergy do you have? Is it any skin eczema also?
You are given kenalog (triamcinolone) which is a steroid used for treating allergic inflammation.

It can be avoided systemically (i.e. injections) if you can be managed with inhaled steroid and broncho-dilator puffs (inhalers) for asthma.

If there is eczema and can be managed with skin application of steroid creams, it can avoid systemic therapy.

If your treating doctors feel that you can not be managed with topical or local therapy and avoiding kenalog injections, then there is no shortcut. You have to stop kenalog to let it be washed away slowly from the system.

Ask if you can be on steroid tablets if you want to avoid injectables. Systemic medications will have more side effects than local/ topical therapy.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!