Have been given Myotol F. How does it help?

Hi Doctor!I have been given Myotol F by my doc
Can you help me how it helps me? Does it help in weight loss?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Myo-inositol helps as insulin sensitizer

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I can understand your concern. Myotol F is a combination drug of Myo-inositol & folic acid. Myo-inositol is latest drug which has been added for the treatment of PCOS, it is a natural vitamin product. Many studies have shown positive results, it mainly reduces the insulin resistance, which is a main pathology in PCOS, also it helps in regularizing the Ovulation and improving the quality of Ovum. If you are planning for a baby I suggest you to continue this medicine till you get pregnant.
Myotol F does not help in weight loss directly, but it will act indirectly in reducing weight by acting as insulin sensitizer.
Dronis 30 is Contraception pill which is used to regularize periods in PCOS.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!