Have been experiencing dry orgasm from an arousal during sleep. Is it normal?

Jul 2016

If I've been experiencing dry orgasm from an arousal during sleep, is that something that I should be seeing a doctor for? If yes, what type of doctor should I see?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have dry an ejaculatory orgasm from arousal during sleep.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to make comments on your query,
Are you getting good erection and ejaculation while masturbationg or during sexual intercourse with female partner.?
Ejaculation is a complex process involving the sensory ,motor and sympathetic nervous system that get involved in ejaculation.

The dry orgasm is due to insufficient stimulation and signals from the brain to the pelvic floor muscles.and genitals and has no significance.

If you are getting ejaculation on masturbation or sexual intercourse you need not worry at all and there is no need to consult any specialist.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Have been experiencing dry orgasm from an arousal during sleep. Is it normal? 13 hours later
I don't masturbate and I haven't had any sexual intercourse. In the past, orgasm during sleep has not been dry and I feel like the same type of orgasm is now coming up dry. Is that something to be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for feed back.
The ejaculation that you are talking about may be excessive secretion of the periurethral glans during arousal and not the semen.
Since you do not masturbate or have sexual intercourse do not worry about not getting ejaculation during sleep.
It is of no clinical significance and not abnormal at all.

Thanks and regards.