Have been diagnosed with mild chronic gastritis and H pylori. Suggest diet?

General Surgeon
hi i have been diagonised with mild chronic gastritus .Also H pyolori id +2. Please suggest me food.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Before foods suggestion some explanation first. Chronic gastritis is most commonly caused by Helicobacter Pylori infection. This seems to be the main reason at your case as well. In such case, after Helicobacter Pylori eradication and PPIs (proton pump inhibitors) treatment stomach changes can be healed (if there is no intestinal metaplasia - should be mentioned in histopathology report if present). After a month, gastroscopy should be repeated.
So it is possible that without diet change, stomach inflammation can be healed.

Typical foods which should be avoided in stomach diseases are coffee (very important), alcohol, fatty foods, fried foods, spicy foods, fruit juices, soft drinks. Sweets (and other products containing lots of sugar) stimulate stomach acid so should be reduced as well. Smoking also has a negative impact for stomach condition.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Have been diagnosed with mild chronic gastritis and H pylori. Suggest diet? 43 minutes later
Sir, intestine metaplasis is not found in mine histopathology report. I am taking medicines as prescribed by doctor. Is it okay if I take egg , curd and whole wheat products. Pl let me know the food items which can increase my disease.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later
Lack of intestine metaplasia is a good sign as your disease is reversible.
Eggs, curd, whole wheat products are fine for your stomach. Please note that there is no specific products which SHOULD be eaten in case of stomach inflammation. More important is to avoid mentioned products. Other foods wont harm your stomach. So it is good to keep healthy diet. Have fiber XXXXXXX products (like whole grain products), fresh fruits and vegetables, fishes (not smoked, fresh or cooked), olive oil, white meat (chicken) instead of beef, milk, yogurts, white cheese, tea (instead of coffee). You should also increase mineral water intake.