Have band of redness on big toe, no pain or swelling, but redness is getting bigger and redder. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a band of redness on my right big toe. There is no pain or swelling, but the band of redness below (not under) the nail of the big toe of my right foot is getting bigger and redder.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic
You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

I will definitely be able to help you once I see the lesion.
Since when did you start noticing this ?
Waiting to see the photo.

Follow-up: Have band of redness on big toe, no pain or swelling, but redness is getting bigger and redder. Suggest? 9 minutes later
I am sending the photo in a separate email.
I do not have the ability to send pictures.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 17 hours later
Welcome back

Without an opportunity to see the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition. You might need to consider a consultation with dermatologist for assessment and work up. Your description does not sound like anything typical.

You can attach the photo in an e-mail, write the heading of mail as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. and send it to YYYY@YYYY

Or send it to my mail id YYYY@YYYY

Please try once more
Waiting to see the clinical photo