Have bald spot on top of head. Treated for ringworm. Having bumps on head and black spot swollen. Taking Griseoful vin sus. Suggest

My grandson has a bald spot on the top of his head that we thought was ringworm. It is the size of a 1/2 dollar. He was treated for ringworm and it didnt go away. The doctor is now treating him for another type of fungus with oral medication and cream. Last night the found two large lumps on the back of his head and it looks like the bald spot is swollen now. Should I take him to the emergency room? He is taking Griseoful vin sus
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 31 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The pachy loss of hair may be due to bacterial infection, fungal infection or alopecia areata.
A skin slapping for KOH mount will be helpful in detecting fungal cause.
Going to ER is recommended because swelling must be assessed and managed.
Treatment of each trouble is totally different so early diagnosis and appropriate treatment is need of the hour.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.