Have bad throat and running nose, no fever but tiredness. Took D'cold. What else to take?

Have bad throat and running nose for more than a week - no fever but tiredness. Is it flu? I took D'cold - what else should I take?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

Fever is the classical representation of active flu infection. Absence of fever suggest that you are either recovering from the flu or the symptoms are unrelated to infection.

You may continue to D'cold for few more days. Salt water gargles three times a day can soothen the bad throat. Nasal decongestants and steam inhalation can relieve the congested and runny nose.
Besides that, if symptoms are troubling, visit an ENT surgeon.

Let me know if you need clarifications.