Have bad throat. TSH is 0.016. Taking homoeopathic medicine. Is throat problem related to low tsh?

Question
I have bad throat for a month, always clearing it. My tsh is 0.016 ,t3 and t4 are in range , i dont have any other symptom of hyperthyroidism. I am talking homeapathic med for that.Is my clearing of throat related to tsh being low?in my recent blood report my eosinophil is 9 which was 7 two months earlier. I have started the course of hetrazen.
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 15 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Looking at the details you have provided it seems you are having thyroiditis. In thyroiditis thyroid will be inflammed because of viral infection and all the stored thyroxine in the gland will be released to the circulation leading to thyrotoxicosis. It is however a self resolving condition and thyroid function returns to normal by 3- 6 months in majority of patients. I'm not sure your eosinophil problem is any way related to thyroid. They have to be treated as independent problems. For confirmation of thyroiditis you can undergo technetium scan of thyroid. After that all that you have to do is to get serial thyroid function tests every 2 onths for next six months. By all probability it would return to normal. As for the need of any treatment now, if you are not having palpitation, swaeting or hand tremors nothing is required. If you are having any of the above you may need beta blockers for 4-6 weeks. So dont worry your thyroid problem has a very good prognosis. Get back to me for any other queries
Thanks,
Shivaprasad