Have bad smell in stools especially in morning. Cause and how to overcome this?

There is extreme bad smell in my Wife's Stools in the mornings especially. what could be the reason and what should she take as medication. It started since we moved to Pune, we earlier were in Bangalore and had never had such an issue. It might sound silly but thats what I have noticed
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Colitis is possible

Detailed Answer:

It seems like your wife has a colon infection or Colitis.

Please get a simple stool routine test done to rule out the infection in her intestines. Based on the stool test report, we can treat her accordingly.

Please get this done and revert to me for further guidance on the same.

In the meantime, ask your wife to withhold eating pulses, legumes, foods that cause gas formation a lot like dal, sprouts.