Have bad odour coming from rectum. How to overcome this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
HI.I HAVE A BAD ODOR COMING FROM MY RECTUM.I AM VERY CLEAN.PLEASE HELP.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I wish to know whether you are perceiving the odor in form of a flatulence or feces or you just smell bad odor directly from your anus?
The most likely cause from bad odor through the anus is poor food digestion or indigestion of food that is poorly prepared.
Please do answer above question for proper follow-up.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Have bad odour coming from rectum. How to overcome this? 12 hours later
thank you so much for answer. The odor is feces not all day or everyday but is present. thank you again

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 hours later
You are welcome. Also it will be wise for you to do a stool exams. Very bad feces odor could be as a result of an infection. As such, a stool exams can tell what specific infection is responsible then you might be provided with an appropriate antibiotics by your doctor.

Dr. Nsah