Have bad hemorrhoids. Having diarrhea and a terrible burning sensation. Take fiber food. Cure?

General Surgeon
I have bad hemorrhoids started with me taking too many elax. I have been eating a lot of fiber & colace but my initial stool is really hard and very painful. Then I get diarrhea and a terrible burning sensation for hours. As a result sometimes I stop eating for 3 days completely and drink only water to avoid pain & bleeding. What do I need to do to not have pain and bleed?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 17 minutes later
As per your query,you are having constipation and bleeding during stool.
It may not be haemorrhoid alone,as haemorrhoids does not cause too much pain.
Pain is due to Fissure in ano, a crack like condition in anal canal.
Because of that,everytime you pass hard stool ,it injures the sensitive anal canal and lead to crack which bleeds when there is more trauma.
Please eat high fiber diet.
Take Plenty of liquids.Lactulose solution should be taken 15 ml at bed time.Dose should be increased depending on the consistency of stool.
Please do not stop eating due to fear of stool.
Ointment containing Diltiazem or Nifedipine with Lignocaine should be applied locally in the anal canal.These drugs have proved to be highly beneficial.
Please relax while passing stool.
Practise yoga and meditation.
Once the stool becomes soft,there will be no pain or bleeding.
Along with above treatment,take anti inflammatory drug for pain and Calcium dobesilate tablet for bleeding temporarily.
Nothing to worry
All your complaints will be relieved.
If you have any query, i will clarify further
Wish you good health and speedy recovery
Follow-up: Have bad hemorrhoids. Having diarrhea and a terrible burning sensation. Take fiber food. Cure? 14 hours later
What do you use to cure anal fissure?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 11 hours later
I ask the patient to take lactulose solution orally.
I got good results with Diltiazem ointment locally in the anal canal.
But,your diet is more important.Eat high fiber diet.Drink plenty of liquids.
Wish you good health