Have bad foot and hurts with walking. X-ray was normal. Suggest?

General Surgeon
hi I have a bad foot wich h is the left 1 when I walk on my foot it hurt me I have had a xray they say they is notting wrong with my foot
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 59 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

X-ray is a test which is good for fractures and bones changes diagnose. However it does not say anything about tendons and muscles condition. Foot trauma can cause tendon strain or muscle strain. This is the most common reason of the pain post trauma. And it is invisible on the X-ray.
If it is a mild pain, I suggest you to rest your foot for some time and try Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20 mg once a day to protect your stomach).

If the pain is strong and walking on this foot is impossible, splint might be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.