Have bad diarrhea. Perineal area is swollen, itchy and painful. Have swollen glands in groin and back pain

Excellent

Question
I have had extrememy bad diareah for about a week. It is now mostly gone, however my perineal area is very swollen, itchy and painful. I also have swollen glands in my groin and a slight pain in the lower right side of my back, as well as a slight fever
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 45 minutes later

Due to frequent loose stools the perineum could have been damp for long and caught fungal infection.

I suggest you to apply DK gel (Miconazole) over the affected part in the night and Keto Dusting powder in the morning. This will keep the area dry and cure the fungal infection you got.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have bad diarrhea. Perineal area is swollen, itchy and painful. Have swollen glands in groin and back pain 19 minutes later
Is there any issue of a potential kidney infection?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

No, there would be no such complication resulting.