Have bad cough and vomiting. Noticed purple spot above tonsil. Is it harmful?

I have been verry sick lately with a bad cough that lasted three days also vomiting one day , yesterday discovered a tiny purple spot on my soft palate above my tonsil it looks like a bruise do smoke . I have no no limphnode swelling and my blood pressure is normal.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be harmless but if persists consult Dr

Detailed Answer:
Tiny purple spot may be due to bruise secondary to violent cough. If it is not hurting, you may wait for its resolution. IF it persists then oral surgeon may be consulted.
Your cough may be secondary to your smoking habbits and you may be having smokers cough. It will be better for you to quit smoking. you may take the help of behavioral clinics and can take help of nicotine gums or patches initially.

Best wishes