Have back problem and want to reduce weight. How to do it?

Hello, i am 5ft 5 inch tall. My weight is around 87 Kgs. What should i do reduce my wait. Sometimes i have back pain also. Please suggest about diet and any physical exercise. Regards, XXXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thank for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your Body mass index is almost 32 kg/m2. It suggests that you are obese. In my opinion some lifestyle changes in diet and exercise work best for reducing weight. In diet you need to reduce intake of high calorie food like milk products (paneer, cheese, butter, ghee, cream, ice cream, sweet treats, etc). You need to take 3 regular meals in moderation and 3 small snacks. Thus your meal can include the following: Early Morning: Lime water (sugar less) – 1 glass Breakfast: Non fried preparations like: Whole wheat bread (without butter) – 2 slices Vegetable poha/ Dalia/ Sevian/ upma - 1 cup Idli 2pc. With Sāmbhar – 1 cup Cornflakes with skimmed milk (less sugar) – 1 cup Stuffed chapatti (2 no.) with dry vegetable – 1 katori Mid-Morning: Raw Fruits and vegetables. Lunch: 2 chapatti + sabji 1 katori + boiled brown rice ½ katori + dal – 1 katori + salad 1 katori + 1 glass thin butter milk or 1 katori skimmed curd. Evening Snacks: Milk/Tea / Coffee (less or no sugar) + high fiber biscuit OR Sprouts / roasted channa 1 katori Dinner: 2 chapatti + vegetable 1 katori + skimmed buttermilk 1 glass + salad 1 katori. Start your meals with salads and buttermilk, and stop eating when you are just full. Avoid snacking in between. Consume 2.5 to 3 liter water. Avoid juices. Exercise for atleast 20 min a day is needed. It can include gym, walk, yoga, swimming, skipping, cycling etc. A brisk walk every day for 45 min. is recommended for quick weight loss. Keep a weighing machine at home to keep track of weight. Avoid any habit that may be contributing to weight gain, like excessive sleeping, sedentary lifestyle, etc. Get blood tests for diabetes, thyroid, hemogram etc. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee