Have back pain, sitting and walking painful. What is it?

Nov 2013

I was mowing lawn yesterday for 2.5 hours and shortly after that back pain started. It allows me to lie down but sitting and walking especially are rather painful. No other symptoms, just the lower back pain.

Can the working and back pain somehow relate to each other and there is something I can do to get it over? Or should this be investigated further, I read from the net, that this can be also a sign of tumor. Although as per net, anything can be a sign of tumor...

With best regards
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not suggestive of tumor.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your current symptoms are not suggestive of tumor or any other serious neurological illness.

These symptoms are suggestive of mechanical back ache due to muscle spasm, and may be related to working. You may take analgesics such as diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets for pain relief. If symptoms persist, an MRI of lumbar spine may be done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist