Have back pain problem. Suffer loss of breath. Treatment to over come this problem?

1. Last few months, I am engaged in continuous travel through car and i am feeling that i have a back pain problem at the end of every trip and continues upto 2 days. After which, strenght of the pain reduced and lies with very limited level. I would like to know the reason and treatment suggestions to over come this.
2. Very rarely, I use to feel that my breathing stops suddenly like a block and recovered back within a sec. During that moment, i feel like something blocks my breath. I would like to know the reason and suggested treatment for this.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Guru 5 hours later

Regarding your first problem, I would like to inform that there are various reasons for that kind of back pain ranging from simple muscle strain to spine problems like vertebral disc bulge, disc prolapse, nerve impingement etc. Some of the important causes for these include your sitting posture, overweight, any history of trauma or even unknown cause in some cases. To identify the exact cause physical examination is mandatory as it gives lot of hint to the diagnosis and investigations like X XXXXXXX spine and MRI are useful.

Regarding your second problem, the reasons for this may be anxiety or very rarely some cardiac rhythm disorders (Cardiac arrhythmias). Investigations like ECG, Holter Monitoring will be helpful after physical exam.

Take Care!

Dr Vasanth