Have back pain between shoulder blades that radiates around side and ends in chest. Cure?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have back pain between my shoulder blades that radiates around my right side and ends in my chest.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain that you have described is muscular in nature

Detailed Answer:

The pains that you have described are likely to be due to a muscular pain.

First do not use the muscle and put it to adequate rest. A good massage daily twice a day and then hot fomentation . But do hot fomentation after the application of massage, also take anti inflammatory ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day after meals. Regular stretching exercise will be helpful.
application of local analgesic gel on the area will relieve the spasm.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.