Have back pain below neck. What to do?

Question
I HAVE PAIN IN MY BACK.
I HAVE PAIN IN JUST BELOW THE NECK AND SLIGHTLY RIGHT SIDE OF VERTIBRAE COLUMN. IT IS CONTINUING SINCE LAST 15 DAYS.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
An MRI would be necessary

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Orthopedics, working with an experienced Spine surgeon. I answer on his behalf.

Since you had accident 3 years back which can leave some defects in the spine if the spine was involved, I would recommend a MRI scan to rule out any such defects.

Pain in the neck at your age is not acceptable if there is a long term postural defect.

You may have to rule out development of scoliosis or any structural deformity which could be causing such pain. Do get the scan done as such defects can compress the nerves and create lot more serious problems if left untreated.

Follow-up: Have back pain below neck. What to do? 4 days later
thanx doc

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using this service.