Have back pain and sciatica in leg. Is this curable?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am female 45 yrs age, 57 kg 5'1".
Since April 2011 I've had lower back pain. MRI was done to indicate minor prolapse L5-S1 and increased curvature of spine. Was severely Vit D deficiecient which has been corrected now.
Had sciatica first in left leg then in right but now better after Vit D correction.

Is this curable, by which methods ....
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 43 minutes later

You are suffering from PIVD.

Yes, It is curable by physiotherapy in initial cases. Avoid forward bending.

If the symptoms persist , you can talk to your doctor for surgery that is disectomy.

In case if you have no further queries, you can close the discussion, rate it and give your reviews.

Dr. Saurabh Gupta.