Have back pain about the kidney area, frequent urination and feeling hot. Cause?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have pain in my back about the kidney area on my right hand side all day long pain.
pain relevers do not help, frequent urination, sugar readings high 250-325, weakend urine flow, feeling hot.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most propably due to a Renal problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Your symptoms of loin pain, frequent urination, Pain relievers being of no help and presence of Diabetes strongly suggests a Kidney related problem. This could be most propably due to an Ureteric stone or a renal parenchymal disease.

Temporary pain relief can be obtained by taking Phenazopyridine (urinary analgesic) and Urinary alkalinizing agents.

A detailed clinical examination, Urine analysis, xrays, selective labaratory investigations and Ultrasound examination of abdomen will clinch the diagnosis.

I think, there is no room for wait and watch policy in your case. I suggest you to consult an Urologist for further workup and management.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further