Have atrial fibrillation, leaky heart valves. On oxygen 24 hours a day. Looking for second opinion

I am woman 88 years old. Actually, in excellent health and very active. Since January, I have had AFib 3 times and had to go to the hospital. Upon exam, it was discovered that I have 3 leaky heart valves, one of which I was aware and had been told that it was not serious. At this time, I am on oxygen 24 hrs. a day. 2.5 In January, I was on oxygen 24 hrs. a day, but, was quickly released to only nite time. Is there any hope that my oxygen intake could return to nite only. Also, I enjoy life and do not want to leave at this time. What do you say? I live in Kingsport Tn. where supposedly is the best Heart Center in Tn. Should I get a second opinion, perhaps from the Cleveland Clinic
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in. I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence. Please accept my compliments in maintaining active life and cheerful mien despite minor aberrations in your health.

Coming to your query regarding, all of us who advice domiciliary or round the clock oxygen therapy follow certain objective criteria. My personal feeling is to go with the doctor whom you are currently seeing. That is not say that should you want a second opinion will not help. And if you are near Cleveland, what better place for an opinion can that be, please go ahead. In the interim I will strongly recommend following your doctor's advice in letter and spirits; from XXXXXXX Tennessee (that is the address your email Internet protocol tracker is giving me!). Take care. Good Luck. If there is any further question I will be only too happy to answer.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover
Follow-up: Have atrial fibrillation, leaky heart valves. On oxygen 24 hours a day. Looking for second opinion 28 minutes later
Please tell me how serious it is about the valves. Am I a candidate for a heart attack. What about the oxygen, Is there any possibility that I could use it only at night? Thank you, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Kingsport Tn
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.
It has been a pleasure interacting with you.
Some valve leakage as seen on Doppler examination of heart is normally seen in this age. And definitely not, you are not going to get heart attack that is essentially due to coronary artery disease leading to less supply to heart causing Myocardial Infarction called as heart attack. Therefore nothing to loose sleep over that prat. Good Luck.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover