Have atrial fibrillation. Feeling racing heart rate. BP and pulse normal. Are they related?

Good
Question
Thank you.
I have atrial fibrilation and have had 3 episodes.
Prior to my second af I felt an irregular movement just below my right rib cage, like a heart beat.
My BP and pulse are OK.
I have had many tests because of my af and everything seems to be perfect, angiogram, echocardigram etc.
I take 4 BP tablets.
I have been told to tale A Droneardrone tablet if I go into af and keep these by me.
I am interested to know if this movement is related to my af or something unrelated.

Your help would be appreciated.
XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 14 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query here.

In atrial fibrillation one may have a feeling that his heart is racing or flopping in chest.

Yes, the irregular movement you had in your chest could be related to the atrial fibrillation.

Hope this helps.

Please do ask, if you have any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have atrial fibrillation. Feeling racing heart rate. BP and pulse normal. Are they related? 32 minutes later
Thank you.

Do I take any action or just wait and see if I go into AF?
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 8 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I would like to know some more details to comment on further actions,

Are you having a similar complaint now?

Is it associated with any other complaints? (like syncope, palpitations etc)

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Have atrial fibrillation. Feeling racing heart rate. BP and pulse normal. Are they related? 14 minutes later
Hi again,

I am having this irregular" jump"/ spasm just below my right hand side rib cage now,
it has been going on for most of the day.

I am not having any other syptoms.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 5 minutes later

Thanks for your reply

If this episode of such irregular contraction is similar to ones you had in recent past, then I would consider it essential for you to consult your doctor to examine and assess the risk in you of going into fibrillation.

Wish you good health.