Have athletes foot and fungal toe nails with dry and itchy skin. Home remedy?

athletes foot and fungal toe nailsim 21 186lbs 5'6" no medications. I have athletes foot and fungal toe nails and I have had it for a little while and I dont have insurance. My feet constantly itch, they crack cause they are so dry, my skin is very easily broken so then they bleed and the open wound allows more fungus. I have scratched my feet and between my toes until they bled a couple times What is the best OTC or home remedy to help with this
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Athlete's foot is a fungal infection and it can be treated easily but has chances of recurrence.
Here are some tips to help cure this condition:
1. Keep the skin clean and dry.
2. Use a antifungal Cream containing - Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole. These are often effective in controlling it. The brand name of the cream is Lotrisone.
3. Wash and dry the area first.
4. Apply the cream, beginning just outside the area of the lesion and moving toward the center. Be sure to wash and dry your hands afterward.
5. Use the cream twice a day for 7 to 10 days.
6. Do not use a bandage
To prevent the infection from spreading:
1. Wash all towels in warm, soapy water and then dry them.
2. Use a new towel and wash cloth every time.
3. Clean sinks, bathtubs, and bathroom floors well after using.
4. Wear clean socks every day
This condition usually responds to topical medications mentioned above within 4 weeks. Severe or resistant cases usually respond quickly to antifungal medicines taken orally, which may need your doctor's prescription.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have athletes foot and fungal toe nails with dry and itchy skin. Home remedy? 2 hours later
what should I do about my fungal toe nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Fungal infection of toenails needs oral anti fungal agents like Griseofulvin which is a prescription medicine. It takes at least 6-10 weeks of treatment to show a response.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.