Have asymptomatic anemia, abdominal pain. Found lump below rib cage. X-ray showed swollen bowels

I have recently found a small superficial lump on my left side of my abdomen below my rib cage I am now experiencing a lot of fatigue that I did not have. I have been having abdominal pain and have asymptomatic anemia for three months due to an unknown origin (I have not had a period in 6 months and am NOT pregnant, hormones are normal). I did have an issue about 6 months ago while on a trip to Africa, an x XXXXXXX was done and my "bowels were swollen" I had a fever of 103.4 at that time and terribly diarhea (no blood). I was put on gentimyacine (sp?) injections, another antibiotic injection and an oral antibiotic. My WBC are elevated my monocytes are abnormally high and my lymphocytes are abnormally low. I have had anemia, intermittent vomiting and abdominal pain.I was diagnosed twice last year with mono once in April and again in October. I do have a swollen cervical lymphnode that has not gone down. I don't know what to do, my doctor believes it is GERD/ulcer but has not actually tested to see what it is. While the omniprazole does help some at night it has not stopped much of the pain. Any suggestions?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

I have noted your medical problem

The data that you have posted would suggest a possibility that you may be having a chronic infection like tuberculosis or other autoimmune condition called crohn's disease. In the current era of modern medicine, I don't believe in empirical treatment.

A physical examination will unfold several issues and it will help decide the extent of investigations required to establish the diagnosis. You will require ultrasound of your abdomen and if required endoscopy. Other test that may help is to do a biopsy of the cervical gland. This will clinch the diagnosis.

So, I urge you to consult a local physician who will guide you the way I have discussed.

Hope this helps
Let me know in case you have any other concern
Best wishes