Have arthritis in knees and bones in the back, X-ray showed decreased cartilage and shrunken bones. Have pain. Does Ayurveda have a solution?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question

My mother have arthiritis problem in both the knees and back side bones. One week back we took the x-ray of both the knees and back and shown to doctor. He said cartilage has got decreased in knees and bones are getting shrinked and these are the reasons for pain. I heard from one of my friend that cartilage regeneration is possible in Ayurveda with tamarind beans or nuts.

Could you tell me any solutions in ayurveda both of these problems?

Many thanks!
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 30 minutes later

Yes, it is possible to cure arthritis through ayurveda treatment.

However before starting of Ayurveda treatment I like to remind you that though ayurveda treatment is a complete treatment and gives you permanent solution, it cannot give temporary relief immediately. She will get a gradual relief in pain only because in Ayurveda there are no pain reliever medicines.

Thus, she can take pain killer medicines from modern medicines if needed with ayurveda medicines. There are no interactions when both form of treatment is taken.

For your mother's problem, I advise you to start the following medicines:
1. Maharasnadi kwath 10 ml twice a day after meal
2. Ajmodadi churna 1 gram twice a day
3. Mahayograj guggulu 2 tabs twice a day
4. Maha vaat vidhvansh as 1 tab twice a day after meal
5. Bruhat vaat chintamani ras 1 tab at evening with honey

It is also advisable if you can get Panchkarma treatment through your nearest authentic panchkarma center. The following panchkarma treatment will benefit her:
1. Janu basti
2. Kati basti
3. Sarvang abhyang and sedan
4. Basti karma

The medicines do not interact with food and so can be taken any time.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any doubts / queries.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Ahmedabad

Follow-up: Have arthritis in knees and bones in the back, X-ray showed decreased cartilage and shrunken bones. Have pain. Does Ayurveda have a solution? 12 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

I have some more questions on this.

How long these tablets needs to be used to recover completely?
Does my mom need to go any clinical diagnosis before starting these tablets?
You have given tablets are compositions or tablet names? If they are tablet names, i will just go to some Ayurveda medical shop and buy them by saying the same names.

Along with the arthiritis problem, she is getting back pain if she sits around 2 hours continuously. As per Orthopaedic doctor, this back pain is due to decreasing the bone. Please let me know if the medicines prescribed above work for this problem too.

Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 22 hours later
Hello
Have a nice time ..
As per the follow up query..your answers...
1. As per the ayurveda treatment for permenant cure.. ot need to take longer and it has not any side effects. Mostly have to continue one to two years minimum and you can continue till it cures all problems.
2. There is no need to go for diagnosis to any consultant before starting the medicimes. But I again advise you that if possible to take her nearest ayurveda panchkarma treatment as I advised earlier.
3. All medicines are classical medicines. Its not composition as it is available on ayurveda medicine stores.
4. For back problem the medicines will help, but for speedy recovery again it needed panchkarma treatment.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Ahmedabad