Have aortic dissection, torn disc and herniated disc in lower back. Have pain in legs. Had epidurals and radiofrequency

I have an aortic dissection type b, a torn disc and a herniated disc in lower back for which I have had epidurals, radiofrequency ablation and physical therapy. The pain is shooting down my legs and keeps me up all night. They did a conductivity test and said no nerve damage. I do not know what to do next.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may need regular drugs to control pain.

Detailed Answer:

The pain you describe might be due to neurological or vascular cause. Though neurological causes seem most likely, a normal nerve conduction test is a favourable finding. Should the nerve conduction reveal neurological deficit, the only option of treatment would have been surgery.

In this circumstance, if I were to be your treating physician, I would order for a repeat MRI of spine along with doppler study of lower limb blood vessels. If results of MRI and Doppler are normal, I would start you on SSRI group of drugs like amitriptyline or antiepileptic drup of drug like gabapentine to manage the pain.

I suggest you to discuss these options with your treating doctor.

Hope the answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.