Have anxiety disorder. Not cured by fluxtine. Any proper medicine and cure?

my son had anxiety disorder docter gave him fluxtine he is taking this medicine four months but he had fearr still in side what can we do for him free for fear
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 22 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Anxiety disorders can be of different types - like generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, etc. Treatment options vary with the specific type of anxiety disorder.

Now, in order to understand your son's problem better, can you please provide some more details about your son's problem...

How long has he been having this anxiety problem?

What are his symptoms?

What are the kind of fears he is having and in what situation do they occur?
Wish you all the best.

How much of trouble or dysfunction are his symptoms causing him?

Please get back to me with these clarifications so that I will be able to guide you better.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist