Have anxiety and depression. Taking Rosavel. Need advice

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, i have been on rosavel f for 2 years now. im feeling symptoms of depression, anxiety can you please advice what should i do.
Posted Tue, 19 Jun 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

I need some information to help you better:
-Rosavel may be locally available substance. Please mention it content or scientific name to help you better.
-Amount of daily use of rosavel.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have anxiety and depression. Taking Rosavel. Need advice 24 minutes later
Rosavel F is colestrol lowering medication and the F is specially to reduce trigcyldes. I have been having it for 2years 10mg daily. My anxiety has really picked up and i dont know if it is the side effect of this medication.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 11 hours later

Anxiety disorder occur may occur because following reasons in your case:
-Independent anxiety disorder
-Due to Rozavel F
-Due to thyroid related problem: Get thyroid hormonal assay done.

In drug induced anxiety usually there is temporal relationship between start of medicines and anxiety symptoms. Means symptoms start within few weeks of start of medicines.

Irrespective of cause anxiety occur due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter. You need treatment with psychiatrist to treat your anxiety. It is not clear if you received any treatment in past, but believe me people life changes after treatment.

In drug treatment two types of medicine used. For immediate relief of anxiety benzodiazepines group of medicines are used and for long term relief most commonly SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect. Non drug treatment like cognitive behaviour therapy (form of psychotherapy) also takes weeks to show its effect.

All these process is complex. I have just simplified it to make you understand it.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.