Have antral gastritis, headache, neck pain and breathing problem. All test normal. What's the cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
10 days back I fainted with low BP. Since then I'm suffering with foreheadache, neck pain and some times breathing problem. More over blocked nose too. I've antral gastritis.

I visited General physician, The following tests (CBC, ESR, RBS, Urine Examination, S.Creatine and ECG) were done. All the reports are normal. The fainted incident was back of your mind. Out of anxiety you are feeling like that he prescribed
1. Levocetrize
2. Rabeprazole 10 mg
3. Dichlorofinac and Paracetmol
4. Zipod CV
5. Dolo 650 mg
I would not get satisfied. After 2days I went to Neurologist, checked and told me everything was normal. He said vertigo and stop all the antibiotics and pain killer. He Prescribed

1. Betahistine 8mg
2. Rejunex OD

After that I went to ENT, Gastrologist and Opthamologist too. Every one told me normal only.
I'm not able to trace the reason for getting headache and Neck pain.
Are there any other investigation ??
Do I need to go MRI for Neck, CT PNS for Sinusitis and chest X-Ray??
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 51 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

I can understand your dilemma regarding the reason for your headache, neck pain, and required investigations.

Mostly the frontal headache, neck pain, breathing problem, and blocked nose all these symptoms are pointing to a sinus problem.

So I advise you to go for a simple X-ray PNS after consulting and after examination by an ENT specialist.

If it is abnormal you can go for CT PNS, otherwise not required.

You can continue rabeprazole for gastritis, and paracetamol for headache.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have antral gastritis, headache, neck pain and breathing problem. All test normal. What's the cause? 21 minutes later
If it is Sinusitis, as I told you, I consulted ENT Specialist. I've done X-ray PNS 3 months back. She didnt even interested to see the PNS X-ray. She told me Your symptoms are not related to sinusitis. She Prescribed

1. Metaspray (Nasal spray) for blocked nose daily 2days
2. Tab. Mucolite (1 in morning and 1 in evening)
3. Cap Esogard (Gas problem)

Usually I get neck pain when I stressed and tension.
Since one week, when I speak no phone or watching TV for some time getting irritation and after that neck pain starting.
Since 3days I'm not using pillow, I got some relief.
any advise ???

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 11 hours later

Thank you for your query,

You are getting irritation followed by neck pain after phone or TV could be due to neck muscle spasm which may lead to headache also.

Some times cervical spondylosis will also lead to the similar symptoms.

So I advise you to consult an Orthopedic surgeon to examine and to advise you the treatment.

Physiotherapy in the form of gentle side to side neck movements will aid to decrease the pain, so take physiotherapy after taking the advise of your Orthopedic surgeon.

Continue not to use pillow and you can sleep on a hard surface.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have antral gastritis, headache, neck pain and breathing problem. All test normal. What's the cause? 1 hour later
Thank you very much.

If I take paracetamol when ever I get the headache, is there any side effect of over dosage ?

So, finally I've to consult ENT Specialist for Sinusitis and Orthopaedic surgeon for neck pain.

Can you prescribe any medicine for time being for Sinusitis and neck pain???
If it is possible I'll upload PNS X-ray jpeg file, is it ok for you ?

Thank you very much in advance

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 47 minutes later

You are welcome,

Thank you for your query,

You can take paracetamol in prescribed dosage and there will be minimum 8 hours duration between the tablet.

If you take as per prescribed dosage there will be no side effect of over dosage.

Yes, consult an ENT specialist and Orthopedic surgeon.

You take appropriate medication for sinusitis and neck pain after consulting your doctors.

I advise you not to take any pain killers without prescription.

You can upload PNS X-ray using the website uploader.

Regards.