Have anterior cruciate ligament. Where should I get it operated and what are the chances of recovery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have Anterior Cruciate Ligament and i serve in happened last year...i want to knw where should i get it operated wat are the chances to recover...wat will be the cost of the surgery
will i able to recover without surgery....
will i be able to run n play football...
how long will it take to recover from surgery...
how long will it take for me to be admitted in hosp...
wat is approx cost...
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
In anterior cruciate ligament tears, the recovery depends on the extent of tear. Small tears do heal spontaneously after proper immobilisation and rest to the knee joint. The larger tears are best treated surgically. Your treating orthopedician is the best person to assess the extent of damage and further line of treatment.
The better the repair is performed, better will be the recovery. You can have full recovery and can play football even if you follow your physiotherapist's instructions properly.
Usually after surgery, it takes 6-8 weeks for healing and the time to recovery can be decreased with arthroscopy.
The time of stay in hospital varies from patient to patient but usually 2-3 days are sufficient if there are no complications.
The cost of treatment depends on the doctor and the procedure adopted.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Have anterior cruciate ligament. Where should I get it operated and what are the chances of recovery? 8 hours later
can u suggest me some doctor who is best in job...
or can u suggest me some hospital...
i knee some time get lock....
which give acute pain...
is tear has gone bad...
is delay in operation can cause some prob...
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Delay in surgery will only be painful to you. It does not affect the prognosis or extent of recovery in most of the cases.
You can choose an orthopedician with experience in arthroscopic surgeries nearest to your place. We have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
Meanwhile continue taking the pain killers, give adequate rest to your knee joint.
Avoid weight bearing.
Do physiotherapy as advised by your orthopedician.
Hope my answer is helpful.