Have ankle pain, pinching feeling in chest and heartburn. Smoke and have inconsistent eating habit. Suggest?

Question
I have a really sharp pain in my left ankle, sometimes shooting through my left leg, a tight pinching feeling in my chest on the right side, and heartburn almost all the time. I don't exercise much, I do smoke and my eating habits are very inconsistent, some days I eat a lot some days not at all. I feel tired and drained, I can't sleep and have problems concentrating. Could you please tell me what this could be?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 53 minutes later

You seem to have multiple problems. This is common among women of your age group.

The pain in the left ankle, shooting through the left leg is probably Sciatica. You need to take adequate rest for it along with nerve supplements like Methycobalamine or chest symptoms are due to your erratic and inconsistent eating habits aggravated by your smoking. You need make some lifestyle changes in the form of taking meals regularly, cutting down on the smoking. You need to exercise as well.

You feel tired and drained, can't sleep and have problems concentrating. Have you got your thyroid hormone level tested? If not please get it done. Hypothyroidism is the most common cause of such symptoms.

I hope this helps you to an extent. Do write back to me for any follow up queries that you may have.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Have ankle pain, pinching feeling in chest and heartburn. Smoke and have inconsistent eating habit. Suggest? 14 hours later
Thank you, you've helped me a lot. I guess it's time for me to get a doctor and take better care, thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
That would be ideal way to start a healthy living.

It is my pleasure to have been able to guide you.

Wish you good health and take care!