Have aneurysm in ascending aorta and reflux in L.Iliac with nerve pain in thighs. What tests to undergo?

I know I have a4.1x4.0 aneurysm in the ascending aorta and reflux in the L. Iliac vein with nerve pain in thighs. Pain is worst at noc., however improves with exercise. ???? Leriches syndrome , What tests should I have? I have high cholesterol also.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: leriches syndrome investigations Detailed Answer: Dear madam Welcome to healthcare magic Let me tell you something about leriches syndrome. It is condition characterized by 1. Pain in the buttock area duetjm Claudication 2. Decreased pulses due to atherosclerosis 3. Decreased pulses in lower limbs 4. Pale and cold limbs All these occur due to block in aorta causing aneurisms The following investigations are recommended 1. Serum cholesterol levels - should be in control 2. Blood pressure monitoring- high blood pressure may cause Rupture of vessels 3. Blood sugars estimation 4. Ankle brachial index - To know narrowing 5. MRI scan abdomen These should be done for monitoring and diagnosis Treatment is by surgery. Now a days so many endoscopic methods are available. So dont worry Thanks