Have anal fissures. Have blood with pain and burning sensation. Taking toxerutin and calcium dobesilate. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Sir .. I am suffering from anal fissures from last 2 years .After taking ayurvedic medicines the problem would go.But for last two weeks it is not getting normal.Blood comes during defecation with pain and burning sensation.I am taking toxerutin and calcium dobesilate tablets with a cream to apply but no relief.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 23 minutes later

I understand your concern.

At this point of time, I think consulting a general surgeon/surgical gastroenterologist for treatment would be the ideal approach. You need to take care that you are passing soft stool. Drinking plenty of fluids and consuming XXXXXXX fibre diet is essential. A laxative to soften stool would be required if diet and fluids do not help you.

While you try diet changes and plan your visit to a doctor, I would suggest you try warm sitz bath. It is useful pain relief remedy.

If still no relief you may need a minor surgery for same.

Hope this answers. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have anal fissures. Have blood with pain and burning sensation. Taking toxerutin and calcium dobesilate. Suggest? 11 hours later
thanks sir, can you please suggest few over the counters laxative or stool softeners other than isabgol.
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 2 days later
There are a large number of them:
Movicol, Naturalax, Gutclear, etc. Your physician would suggest the best for you.