Have anal fissure, bleeding when stools are stiff, painful

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I am having anal fissures from past 6 months. They go and come back again. My bowel movement is always on time in morning. However, whenever my feces are stiff, blood starts oozing out along with stool & sometimes afterwards. Usually pain doesn't happen immediately however, it starts in the afternoon and remain for almost 3-4 hours after my morning excretion. Usually this pain is highly discomfortable. My weight is 101 kgs and my height is 188cms. Please advise.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 16 hours later

The root cause of fissure in ano is constipation and infection

The pain in the abdomen is usually secondary to constipation or/and collitis

It is better you control obesity ,take plenty of fluids orally and add fiber to your diet

Regarding pain in abdomen add a probiotic for five to seven days if that does not work get a stool culture done

Sitz bath will help releive acute pain of fissure

Hope this helps
Am available for followup
Get well soon
Follow-up: Have anal fissure, bleeding when stools are stiff, painful 12 hours later
Dear Doctor,

I request you to please advice me if any OTC medicines I can take from our market to heal this fissure faster. My pain is related with my anal opening having fissure as against my stomach. I eat daily oat in the morning as breakfast along with milk. I usually take juices in the evening. As pain usually happens when I am in office working in computer, it is difficult for me to do sitz bath at that time.

I hope you would understand my problem and therefore, request you to kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later

The best medicine to take is any antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac sodium

Add fiber and plenty of fluids to your daily routine

For local application you may use either of these :

Lignocaine 2% or 5%

Diltiazem Gel

Hope this helps
If it does not respond you may need to go for an examination with a surgeon
Do not hesitate to write back in case of doubts
Get well soon
Follow-up: Have anal fissure, bleeding when stools are stiff, painful 1 hour later
Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 minute later
Always there In ALL WAYS