Have an untreated hernia. Experiencing pain in the groin area. Could all this be from a hernia?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I know that I have an untreated hernia lower right side..I recently have experienced pain in the groin hurts while walking, and has a burning sensation while sitting. Sometimes the pain goes all the way to my knee. Could all this be from a hernia. I am a 59 year old male with 7 abdominal surgeries in the last 6 years. I am rather healthy and active.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The pain in your groin with a burning sensation upto your knee is likely to be related to a pinched nerve at the level of spinal cord. These symptoms are not likely to be related to hernia. Such symptoms are usually associated with a lower back pain. An MRI of the spine will help in exact diagnosis.
Till then you can avoid lifting any weights, take a high dose methylcobalamin supplements and do some back strengthening exercises under the guidance of your physiotherapist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.