Have an overactive gallbladder. Suggested for gallbladder removal. Will the surgeon opt for this surgery?

I had a hidascan with an injection fraction rate of 98%. My PC is sending me to a surgeon for gallbladder removal. My PC stated that I have an overactive gallbladder and it needs to be removed. Will the surgeon opt for this surgery - I just want the pain tomgomaway.thank you
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Your doctor is right in ordering for the removal of gall bladder as that is the ultimate treatment for an overactive gall bladder.
This surgery is done by laproscopy where recovery time is very fast and it is almost pain free.
You need not have any apprehension regarding this and must go for it as your surgeon will definitely opt for it.
Please feel free to ask me any question,if you have any.
Best of luck