Have an open sore scab on ankle and healing. How long will it take to cure?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have an open sore scab on my left ankle that's healing up pretty good. How long for it to fall off?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 53 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX THank you for your query.

It depends on the size, depth and condition of the scab. A shallow, surface wound with an average scar will take between one and two weeks to heal and it should fall of at the and of this period(within 15-20 days).
But there are several factors that will determine the length of time it will take for a scab to heal up. such as infection, diabetes, deep wounds or scrathing and removing scab by yourself. SO just keep the wound clean and dry and wait till it fall spontaneously. WIsh you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards