Have an oily and sticky moisture around penis, testicles and between legs. How to avoid this?

I am an 81 year old male. I have an oily and sticky moisture around my penis, testicles and between my legs.
Washing does little good.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later

Oily sticky feeling in perineal area (around penis and scrotum) can be due to following reasons.
1. Hyper activity of sebaceous glands.
2. Infection with corynebacteria.

I would like to know the following things.
1. Do you shave off the pubic hair? If yes does it reduce the oily feel.
2. Do you have scalp dandruff or do you have similar problem of oily feel in your arm pit.

Please answer the above questions.

It will help me in coming to most probable diagnosis.

Waiting for your response.

Thank you,
Follow-up: Have an oily and sticky moisture around penis, testicles and between legs. How to avoid this? 12 hours later
1. I do not shave off my pubic hairs
2. Yes there is a slight oily feeling in my air pits.
In october of 2012, I had a liver infection and was on 12 weeks of Cipro 500MG and Metronidazole 250 MG. This problem was resolved.

I also take synthroid and coversyl daily.

Also flaxseed, Omega 3 and Evening Primrose capsules.

I have a lactose and wheat intolerance.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up,

You are probably suffering from a corynebacterium infection, called as Trichomycosis axilaris.

The eveidence of this also comes from the fact that it resolved with anti bacterial treatment.

Apply an anti bacterial ointment, daily once for atleast a month, you will get good relief.