Have an external hemorrhoid. How long it takes to get cured? Any alternate medication?

Jul 2012

I have an external hemroid, and am using witch XXXXXXX and preperation H. I have it for 4 days now and have followed all instructions from the research I found. How long does it take to cure a hemroid and is there any other recommended remedies?
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
I take it this external hemorrhoid is currently not bothering you & is asymptomatic.
It is best you go across to a general surgeon or a specialist anal surgeon in your region.
There is a procedure called 'banding' which is most probably all that is required. It is a simple safe office procedure done under local anaesthesia. However these things are best assessed by the treating surgeon visually before taking a decision.
All the best. do hope it is sorted soon & have pointed you in the right direction to take an informed we can do for you online. Cheers & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD