Have an baltod on groin area. Taken phexine 500 mg and applied betadine ointment. Suggest some alternate remedy?

General Surgeon
dear sir,
i have an baltod on my groin between two leg near testis and i have taken an antibiotic phexine 500 mgm and betadine ointment on it i really face an big pain between tow leg please suggest me antibiotics
age:23 year
gender : male
body: average
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 2 hours later

You probably are suffering from an abscess. Meanwhile take broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin-clavulanate and analgesic for pain relief. You can take Tablet Disprin 1 tablet every 6 hours with food. Antibiotics are prescription drugs and can be given only after an examination. I would advise you to XXXXXXX a surgeon near you for confirmation and drainage of abscess if needed.

I would also like to know:

1. Did you have any trauma?
2. Are you having fever?
3. Since when are you having this problem?

Also, I would like to emphasise that final diagnosis and treatment needs examination by a surgeon.

Hope all this helps. Awaiting your reply.

Dr. Rajat Gupta
Follow-up: Have an baltod on groin area. Taken phexine 500 mg and applied betadine ointment. Suggest some alternate remedy? 14 hours later
dear sir,
thanks for reply

analgesic for pain relief but plz tell me that Doses for Day ie 2wis for day or........?
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 9 hours later

I would advise you analgesic with antiinflammatory like voveran thrice daily.
But I also suspect that you may be actually sufferring from abscess, it needs to be drained for complete pain relief, so consult a surgeon as soon as possible. Abscess has no medicines only drainage helps. I hope you understand my guidance.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

Dr. Rajat Gupta