Have an autonomic nervous system disease. What test should be done?

Question
Hi my name is XXXXXXX and I just found out that I have an autonomic nervous system disease. I am scheduled to get test done. I would like to know what these type of tests entail and how severe these diseases are.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 28 minutes later
Hi and thanks for everyday,
The autonomic nervous or vegetative is a system used by the body to control its vital functions like heart rate, respiration, pulse, blood pressure and sweating. A dysfunction in this system could there fore cause a dysregulation in any of these functions.
The essence is to know exactly how your vital functions vary under specific stressful or environmental conditions. These tests are not invasive and usually very simple to do. You need not bother. They are important for defects detected and well managed could lead to very significant improvements in quality of life.
Hope this helps and feel free asking further questions if need be.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Have an autonomic nervous system disease. What test should be done? 2 days later
Is this condition curable and if not what is the worst case scenario?

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 44 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
With appropriate diagnostic tests and careful clinical evaluation, a coordinated evaluation by your cardiologist and or your neurologist usually makes a clear cut diagnosis, and management become easier and favorable.
I suggest you do not bother now. I think i shall be ok, for most patients due acquire remarkable improvements in quality of life after careful evaluations.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD,