Have an auto immune disease. Pelvic transabdominal scan done. Noticed brown specks in urine. Concerned

I have an auto immune disease, I've just had a pelvic transabdominal scan and am quite sore but when going to urinate have noticed there is a light brown looking see through skin in urine about size of thumbnail and at least 5 bits should I be contacting doctor regarding this or wait for scan results, phoned doc and shut this afternoon and can't get appointment until next week
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
It may be blood clots.
In addition to ultrasound scan, u need urine routine and culture test.
Meanwhile, kindly discuss with your GP OR emergency doctor to start on antibiotics pending culture report.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Have an auto immune disease. Pelvic transabdominal scan done. Noticed brown specks in urine. Concerned 2 hours later
Had urine done and no infection still in a lot of pain would u advise going to a&e?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 11 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
It is better to go - to take pain relievers and antibiotics.
Urine infection does not always show up in the urine test. We need to assess the clinical situation as well.
Kindly proceed to the A&E.
Please keep me informed about your progress and the scan report.