Have an anal fissure after an antibiotic course which caused constipation. Where should I get botox injection?

Question
Hi

I have an anal fissure. This is for the third time - each time it has happened after an anitibiotic course which caused constipation.

I wish to get the botox injection in Delhi for its treatment. could you let me know who does it in delhi/ gurgaon?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 34 minutes later
Anal fissures are caused by trauma to the anus and anal canal especially constipation caused by a hard stool or repeated episodes of diarrhea.
For anal fissures:
1)     You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Just make sure to increase your fluid intake when you increase your fiber in the diet.

2)     You can also sit in hot sitz bath by sitting in a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day. The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids as well as anal fissure.
3)     Avoid straining or prolonged sitting on the toilet and use Vaseline to help lubricate the anorectal area.
4)     You can consult a doctor and get prescribed a medicated cream (to help heal the fissure), a topical muscle relaxant (to relax the anal muscles), an anesthetic ointment (to reduce pain, if pain interferes with having a bowel movement), nitroglycerin or calcium channel blocker ointments (to relax the anal muscles and increase blood flow to the region, promoting healing) and steroid cream to reduce inflammation.
5)     Other treatmentmethods include botox shots and surgery which are taken as last resorts. You can get the botox treatment from any good hospital like AIIMS, RML, Fortis, Medanta or Apollo hospsitals in Delhi/Gurgaon.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.
Regards.

Follow-up: Have an anal fissure after an antibiotic course which caused constipation. Where should I get botox injection? 6 minutes later
is botox treatment a common treatment available at all these hospitals? i was under the impression that its an unconventional treatment? thanks a lot

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Botox treatment is followed presently also and you can consult a good surgeon in a good hospital close to your area and get it done.

Regards.