Have an allergy, sneezing with mucus. Can I take Zicam?

I believe I have an allergy, sneezing with a little mucous, I felt bad Sat., but then felt well yesterday during day no sneezing at all; however during evening, the sneezing began again. I have a D and C scheduled tomorrow morning. Will I need to reschedule? Or is there something I could take, like maybe Zicam?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Will be better to postpone

Detailed Answer:

I think you have got some viral upper respiratory tract infection. You may take some symptomatic treatment like paracetamol and cetrizine, Drink plenty of water and have some rest. I would prefer to investigate you further if symptoms do not resolve in a few days.

As far as D and C is concerned, it is always better to postpone interventions during any acute infectious episode unless it is to be done in emergency, so if possible you can reschedule your appointment.

Best wishes