Have alopecia. Taking bisoprolol. Could it be the reason?

Dermatologist
Question
I AM EXPERIENCING ALOPECIA AND HAVE VERY LITTLE HAIR LEFT. I TAKE BISOPROLOL DAILY, IS THIS THE CAUSE OF MY HAIR LOSS. I AM A 72 YEAR OLD WOMAN AND HAIR LOSS IS CATOSTROPHIC TO ME.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 33 minutes later
There could be many causes for hair fall
Androgenetic alopecia( female patter baldness)- seen as a gradual hair loss. It leads to thinning of hair as well as loss of hair from crown area and sometimes frontal or temporal area. It is the most common type of hair fall seen in aged females
Telogen effluvium- acute and diffuse hair fall. It is due to stress, illness, medication, anemia, thyroid ds, surgery etc. It is reversible in nature and reverses in five to six month time.
Local causes like dandruff, boils fungal infection etc.

In your age chances are it could be androgenetic alopecia. this pattern of hair fall is seen in most of the females as they age.
However to address your concern in a better way,
I would like to know since how long are you losing your hair
Pattern of hair fall and onset ie acute or gradual. pattern - diffuse or from central scalp, frontal or temporal area.
any treatment taken so far
extent of hair fall- how much hair have you lost ie upto 50 percent or more than that

Also if possible please attach an image of your hair too, so that i can guide you in a better way.
regards