Have alcoholic fatty liver, history of kidney stones. Tests show high uric acid and phosphorus. How to improve kidney and liver condition?

Question
I am from India Mumbai. Age 29 Male.
Just got my reports ion hand and i have a alcohol fatty lever and a history of kidney stones.
however two worry points which i saw just now in my reports are high uric acid 11mg/dl where as lab value hi end was 7and little high phosporous at 6.1 where as lab vallue hi end was 5.5
please advice to improve my kidney and liver conditions
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 43 minutes later

Thanks for your question.
I see all your reports.
Your uric acid score is high and its need both diet modification and drugs treatment. For dietary modification .Avoid or reduce intake of meat; beef; tomato; brinjal and all kind of protein type of food and by the side you have to start tablet Zyloric. The doses bases on your orthopedics opinion.
High levels can be the result of kidney failure and increased oral intake with supplements. In addition, healing bone fractures, gastrointestinal obstructions and skeletal diseases also elevate phosphorus levels.
But in your cases the probable region of high phosphorus is early stage of renal impairment as you have renal stones. So do a blood for urea, creatinine and if possible then DTPS scan to see you renal functions based on your physician.

Consult with your physician/urologist. Test to be done and follow his advice for further management.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Have alcoholic fatty liver, history of kidney stones. Tests show high uric acid and phosphorus. How to improve kidney and liver condition? 8 hours later
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for the Reply.
Does my Fatty liver have any impact on Phosphorous and uric acid.
Can i go back to normal from here.

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 9 hours later
Hi.

No, Fatty liver don’t have any impact on Phosphorous and uric acid level.
Whether you can start your normal life that depends on your renal function test.
Please do this investigation and consult your physician for opinion.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly