Have addison's disease. Feeling tired, lethargic, nausea and have tingling sensation. Worrisome

Hi. I'm not a diabetic that I know of. I do have Addison's Disease. I haven't been feeling well for two days now...tired, lethargic, sometimes tingling in my hands or feet, headache, pains in my lower back, and a lot of nausea, too. I never run above 100 blood sugar with my Addison's. I took my blood sugar this morning and only had one cup of coffee and it was 147. Is that something to be worried about, given how I am feeling.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
A blood sugar level at 147 after taking a cup of coffee is within normal limits and does not sound worrisome.
The symptoms that you are having are more likely to be related to a generalized viral infection or a vitamin B 12 deficiency.
Boredom, anxiety and depression can also cause such generalized body aches.
Apart from these, lack of iron, calcium, FOLIC ACID and hypothyroidism may also result in weakness and lethargy feeling.
I advise you for
Try taking out some time to do yoga
Plenty of water
Take calcium, iron and B complex vitamins for few weeks
Get your hemoglobin and hypothyroidism checked up
Change of season to summer also drains you.
Do XXXXXXX breathing daily for five minutes before you go to sleep.
You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced diet will be helpful.
In case the symptoms are persistent then it is best to consult a physician to get yourself properly investigated.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.