Have acute sleep deprivation. Difficulty falling asleep in Bangalore. Is it because of Revital or Seacod tablets?

Nov 2013

Hi Doctor,

I am having acute sleep deprivation for the last 1.5 weeks, before also I experienced the same but it was just for one day, the next day I was able to sleep well. But this time this is prolonged for more than one week. Last week, I went to my native place to XXXXXXX my parents, wife & kid, and at that time I got nice sleep, there was no difficulty to fell asleep, and I enjoyed sleeping; but when I came back to bangalore few days back it again started. I am sleeping alone. And if i dont get sleep, I will get very tense at night because I have to go to gym for workout. If i dont get a proper sleep, I dont go to gym the next day. I am very much worried about this. Please help me.

My one more concern is, is it because of the Revital multivitamin tablet or seacod tablet?

Please reply me as soon as possible.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 50 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
Sleep disturbance occurs due to many factors. In your case, there seems to be a bit of stress and anxiety contributing to your problem. As you mentioned, you got good sleep when with family (away from work) and problem recurred when came to workplace (away from family). Please analyse your work situation and see if there are any stressors. Tackling the stress would definitely be useful.
Both revital and seacod are safe medications and they do not lead to any sleep disturbance.
Some simple measures can help in getting good sleep. Have your meal about 2-3 hours prior to sleep. Avoid tea or coffee in late evenings. Please do not watch any stressful shows on TV in late nights.
If these measures are not helpful, you may consult a physician. After evaluation, he may prescribe anti-anxiety medications (clonazepam, etc) or a sleeping medication (for a short term).
There is no need to worry at present. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad