Have acute hypoglycemia. How can I get a prescription for medical marijuana?

I have been diagnosed with acute hypoglycemia. I find marijuana useful in the treatment of hypoglycemia. How can I get a prescription for medical marijuana? can you advise me how to approach my GP on this. are there any official research documents on this
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
In diabetes, acute hypoglycemia is a common and dreadful complication. Taking an energy drink instantly is the best way to solve the problem. Marijuana is not clinically used or recommended for use for this purpose. If you are having frequent spells of acute hypoglycemia then you need to get your doses of insulin adjusted by your endocrinologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.